This accessibility statement applies to cswparish.org.uk, the website of the Chittlehamholt, Satterleigh and Warkleigh Parish Council.
This website is run by Chittlehamholt, Satterleigh and Warkleigh Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- zoom in up to 300% without text falling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
- we’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- you cannot change the font, size or colour of text on the website
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software, they can however be downloaded and accessed using Adobe Acrobat Reader's reading capability
- video recordings of meetings do not have captions, however the minutes for each meeting do provide a condensed account of the content of meetings
- you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader
- some third-party components we use such as Google Maps are not fully accessible
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
We’ll consider your request and get back to you as soon as possible.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Chittlehamholt, Satterleigh and Warkleigh Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to non-compliances and exemptions listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
Navigation and accessing information
- There’s no way to skip content in the page banner and navigation area (for example, a ‘skip to main content’ option). We are investigating how to add the appropriate 'skip' links to these sections of the site.
- The pagination buttons at the bottom of some pages do not have accessible names or descriptions. This functionality is provided by the template used by our content management system (CMS) and we are currently investigating whether this can be resolved.
- Some of our PDFs and Word documents are essential to providing our services.The main examples are agendas and minutes of meetings and our various policies, procedures and registers. We will be considering how best to make meeting minutes and agendas available as HTML pages in future.
- The Search button does not have a very descriptive accessible name. We will be investigating how to rectify this.
- Some images with a decorative function are described as 'meaningful'.
- Some iframes used to host external content such as videos doe not have a 'title' attribute.
- Some tables with a layout function do not have the appropriate 'role' attribute. These are on the pages which host our meeting minutes. All new meeting pages going forward will have this attribute set.
- Some error message elements on the 'Contact Us' page do not have the required contrast level.
- Text fields on the 'Contact Us' page do not have the required 'autocomplete' attribute.
We will be aiming to resolve the above issues by the end of 2020.
Navigation and accessing information
- The navigation menu bar collapses to a single button on devices with small screens or when text is resized to be very large. This renders it inaccessible to keyboard navigation. This functionality is determined by the presentation template used by our Content Management System and is currently outside our control.
- We use Google Maps to provide some non-essential funtionality on the site. We have no control over the accessibility of this functionality and so have no way to render it more accessible.
- Some of the user interface components embedded within iframes hosted by external providers are notm fully conformant. These components are outside our control.
Video and audio recordings
- Video recordings of Parish Council meetings do not have captions. It would be disproportionate in terms of time and cost for the council to provide these. The meeting minutes provide a condensed written account of the content of the meetings.
- Audio recordings of virtual Parish Council meetings do not have captions. It would be disproportionate in terms of time and cost for the council to provide these. The meeting minutes provide a condensed written account of the content of the meetings.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
- The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services. Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We are currently formulating an accessibility roadmap and will publish this in the near future.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 23rd September 2020. It was last reviewed on 23rd September 2020.
This website was last tested on 23rd September 2020. The test was carried out by Chittlehamholt, Satterleigh and Warkleigh Parish Council.
In evaluating the site, we adopted a samplin approach which included the home page, a page with details of a Council meeting, and the 'Contact Us' page. We took this approach because many elements of the site are the same, and these are the three main page types we would expect users to interact with. We may evaluate other pages in future.
You can read the full accessibility test reports for these pages here: